Dragons to host National Pitching Association Throwing Clinic on Saturday, August 19! Register online now
West Chester Dragons Travel Baseball is excited to host a National Pitching Association Throwing Clinic, led by Gardy O'Flynn, former Pitcher for the Texas Rangers organization!
National Pitching Association Throwing Clinic
Led by Gardy O'Flynn, Former Professional Pitcher
Saturday, August 19, 2017
Held at East Bradford Park in West Chester, PA
Choose from Two Sessions! (For Fall 2017 Dragons players only)
Morning Session from 9:00am-1:00pm
Afternoon Session 12:00pm-4:00pm
Clinic Fee: $120
This Clinic is perfect for Dragons players of all ages 9U-16U and all positions!
Limited Spots Available! First come, first serve.
Dragons players, do not miss this incredible opportunity to learn pitching and receive personal instruction from one of the best!
On Saturday, August 19, Gardy O'Flynn is flying in to led a National Pitching Association (NPA) Throwing Clinic just for West Chester Dragons baseball players. Along with NPA East Associate Bill Roberts, Gardy will work with each player to give a full assessment of weak points and a tool kit to address areas of individual improvement.
Additionally, after the Clinic, each individual player will receive a professional high-speed video analysis of their pitching mechanics and recommended corrective actions.
Each session includes 3 hours of field work and personal instruction, including:
- Focusing on full body movement patterns to safely increase arm speed
- Biomechanics for timing, kinematic sequencing and shoulder/arm movement
- Functional strength for ground force production, torque and shoulder/arm strength
- Identify pitching weaknesses and inefficiencies
- Body work for stability, mobility and flexibility
- Joint integrity work for durability, then machine work, then free weight work
- Block training for aerobic and anaerobic conditioning
- Bandwork drills with a resistance band (Plus, each player will also take home a resistance band and instructional video for continued training!)
From 12:00pm-1:00pm, Gardy will lead a discussion and a Q&A period with players from both the morning and afternoon sessions.
GOALS OF THE CLINIC
- Learn the NPA pitching model for health first, efficient biomechanics.
- Age appropriate, cross specific exercises for each athlete to increase arm speed and safe velocity.
- Personal Screening (STAT) to highlight strengths and weaknesses
- Patterning and Skill development
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR AND BRING?
Please wear your Dragons practice tee and Dragons hat (If you already have them), shorts, cleats and sunscreen. Bring your glove and a water bottle or sports drink. You may also choose to bring a small snack (must be peanut-free and nut-free) to eat during a break.
The Clinic will be held at:
East Bradford Park
835 Kenmara Drive
West Chester, PA 19380
ABOUT THE CLINIC INSTRUCTORS
Gardy O'Flynn was a former pitcher in the Texas Rangers organization 1993-1997 when he had the privilege of being coached by Tom House. He has maintained the relationship with Tom and first became an NPA coach in 2008. Gardy founded Pitching Fix in Ipswich, MA in 2008 and has expanded recently to Rochester, NY working with Dusty Odenbach (NPA).
NPA East player clinics focus heavily on the four legs of the NPA/RDBI’s methodology: bio-mechanics, strength/conditioning, nutrition and mental/emotional preparation. Gardy works directly with Tom Landry (NPA) and the medical community in the Boston Area. His brother Hugh is a prominent orthopedic surgeon in the area. Gardy and his wife (both educators) have 4 children and reside in Ipswich, MA.
Bill Roberts currently coaches for the West Chester Dragons, and has coached youth travel ball teams for the Steel City Titans and for Phenom of PA. He first became involved with the NPA in 2010, and has hosted Tom House for local pitching clinics in 2011, 2012, and 2013. Bill stays current on the latest NPA teachings by attending coach clinics with Tom and assisting with NPA East player.
QUESTIONS? Please email Bill Roberts with any Clinic questions.